Then I struggled with virtually every step beyond that. How to arrange them. How to connect them. What to do to transform it from an interesting centerpiece into a real necklace. Argh!!!!
I would work on it for a while, and then have to set it aside until inspiration struck again.
But finally I finished it, and I'm finally happy with it. Hooray!!
The watch faces got arranged and rearranged. The sparkly wheel used as a toggle clasp had to be resized to balance in scale. And I rethought the neckstrap - I did end up using a flat spiral stitch, but changed the large beads to a mix of freshwater pearls and pyrite rounds, and didn't break it into sections.
Bless her heart, this ugly duckling finally became a swan. She had a highly prolonged awkward phase (kinda like the beader who made her...), but I think she's finally ready to be introduced to polite society
Now to find a fancy place to go so I can wear it before I put it up for sale (a girl's gotta