Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bead Soup #7 - Woo Hoo!!

After six days with zero internet access (oh, my dear heavens, don't let anyone tell you that invisible connection to the online world isn't just as addictive as any drug), I'm back on line, and y'all, I'm doing a happy dance!

For the next Bead Soup Blog Hop, I've been paired with Nancy Dale.  Don't know who she is?  Bet you do -- just look here, and I know you'll recognize her work.

I mean, really, look at this: 


Dryad, Nancy's necklace that was a 2010 Bead Dreams finalist.

There is not one piece on her website that didn't just knock me down, wow me, or cause a spontaneous case of the vapors (the Southern girl's version of drooling, panting, and falling over in a dead faint - sounds so much more socially acceptable to call it "vapors").  She does absolutely jawdroppingly beautiful bead embroidery and bead weaving.  Do yourself a favor and check out her website.  Seriously great eye candy.  Try not to lick your computer screen.

I'm not at all sure my work is worthy of being paired up with Nancy, but I know we'll have fun with it!

Now, to get up to the bead room and start cooking up some soup...that's so much more fun than doing all the laundry that accumulated while I was out of town!

4 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh man! that is some seriously amazing beadwork ... WOW

Karen Williams said...

Woo Hoo! Welcome back and congratulations Bobbie! You're going to have such fun, I'm sure of it!

Which reveal are you in?

NEDbeads said...

Thanks so much for your kind words, Bobbie!! I can't wait, I am SO excited about this - and of COURSE you're perfectly wonderful and marvelously talented, don't be silly! I'm so glad we're partnered!!

Sarah Sequins said...

I love Nancy's work, and she's a really awesome person (just like you). I think you two will love being partners!