Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jumping Back In The Pool


It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and create something beady. I've been going a little nuts without the creative outlet, to tell the truth.

Like an athlete (and if you knew my athletic ability, you'd understand why this analogy is absolutely hilarious) who's been out on injured reserve, I figured I'd need to start back in slowly.  So here's a simple necklace with delicious carved flourite rounds and delectable stick pearls. Not technically fancy, but it made me happy enough to choose my work outfit yesterday to go with it.


Look at the carving on the flourite!  And trust me, the stick pearls are
much more lustrous than my photography makes them look.
Heading back to the bead table now -- yippee!  How do you get back into your jewelry making when you've had to take some time away?

8 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

It may be a "simple" design, but oh so pretty, Bobbie!

NEDbeads said...

Oh this is delicious!! I adore your components, and that carved flourite is to die for!! I'm so glad you're getting that chance to jump back in, it can be truly hideously hard to be in a place where you can't create - I don't think people who may not be creative in an artistic sense could really understand how awful it can be. Hugs!!! Can't wait to see what's next on the beading table...

Karin Slaton said...

Oooh, fluorite! Stopped into the Carnegie Museum while in Pittsburgh last week, and spent hours in their Hall of Minerals and Gems. Completely in love with fluorite. And to see it carved, combined with the lustre of those pearls, makes your piece feel elegant in every way!

Kepi said...

Gorgeous, I just adore stick pearls and the simplicity of this necklace is just so appealing!

Unknown said...

Love the pearls! I played with some this week too, in earrings. Now, I'm hooked!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

The fouurite is absolutely gorgeous...looks great with the stick pearls! When I have had some time "off", I usually sit at my bench and look disgustingly at my half done projects...sometimes I actually complete one!

AntiquityTravelers said...

it is beautiful, like a view from the beach! I'm at this point as well .... trying to figure out where my mojo went? perhaps still circling the airport for a landing?

Karen Williams said...

Very pretty. Summers can be so busy; so much busier than we ever expect. Glad you found some time to create something just for you!