Sunday, June 24, 2012

What I Did On My Summer Mini-Vacation

A long weekend gave me a chance to spend time with family, reconnect with old friends, and play a little bit with some beads.

 I had packed a selection of seeds, drops, and daggers, intending to figure out how to make some flowers inspired by some I'd seen on Malin de Koning's blog.  Due to an unfortunate problem (namely, the fact that my brain decided to take a holiday and leave me unable to interpret printed instructions - aaarghhhhh!!!), my flowers are not Malin's pattern, but my own mashup creation.  


This will be a pendant, perhaps on a lovely length of cobalt blue sari silk

These made the cutest earrings, which I wore to a party Saturday

They were such fun, I found myself drawn to the local bead store like a moth to a flame, like a mosquito to my bare legs, like my son to the aroma of bacon.  So I came home from my mini vacation with a new pattern, some fun little flowers (more were made that didn't get photographed), and lots and lots of new daggers and drops to play with.  Now that's a good vacation!

I'm so in love with the gorgeous transparent green in the smaller flowers.

6 comments:

KJ said...

I like the layered daggers- it makes the flower look even more like a flower. Not as articulate as usual but I am still working on my first cup of coffee.

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Bobbie,
That is a great way to spend a vacation in my opinion, buying and sewing beads! ;-) The flowers are beautiful!
Therese

CraftyHope said...

This does sound like a fab way to spend a vacation. This may not be the exact pattern you were going for, but now they're YOURS and quite lovely at that! ;)

Sarah Sequins said...

Sounds like an awesome vacation to me, and I think it's great that you came up with your own pattern.

As for bacon... now I'm hungry. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love these, you did a great job!

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Fun and colorful designs...thank you for visiting my blog :)
Greetings,
-Eva Maria