Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Excavation, Part 1

Moving the studio is an enlightening process.

Okay, it's also a giant pain in the butt, but I'm a "glass half full" kinda gal.

Anyway, in the process, I've found a couple of interesting things -- half-completed projects, forgotten pieces,      etc, etc, etc...

Here's one piece I found that had been lying around, waiting for its clasp to be fabricated and woven on.

"Swirl", the newly rediscovered and completed necklace

I remember buying the focal bead in D.C. about, oh, three years ago, and working the necklace up pretty quickly after I got home again.  Why it sat unfinished for so long is one of those archaeological mysteries best left for the ages.


Anyway, it's done and completed, and ready to go to Alabama for my next show in a few weeks.

Can't wait to see what else turns up during this studio move!

10 comments:

Christine Altmiller said...

this is a beauty! someone will snatch it up at the show. that is just the way the universe works :-)

Kepi said...

Beautiful necklace, I have mysteries like that as well.

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

Beautiful! I love the gorgeous beading and mixing of colours :)

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful necklace Bobbie! Where and when will you be in Alabama?
Therese

KJ said...

Very ying yang.

I just knew you would find things in the move- I always do.

AntiquityTravelers said...

So pretty! I have a bowl full of single, unfinished earrings. Yeah I know I should finish them but I like designing more then finishing!

Alice said...

Ohh, it must be like digging up treasures! Sometimes I find forgotten, unfinished pieces when I attempt to tidy up my bead table, and I'm both thrilled that I found it, and discusted that I let it go for so long.

Your necklace is just gorgeous!!!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Bobbie, this is the universe paying you back for your hard work tidying up LOL

Karin Slaton said...

These colors are just perfect for the cool snap in the air that's greeting us these mornings. I would love to see this necklace with plum. Good luck with your Alabama show!

Unknown said...

Love "Swirl."
Cleaning = who knew there was treasure involved? :)