Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Voice From the Bead Display


So I'm walking through a bead show recently, when I hear this little voice saying, "Psst, hey lady, look over here!"

It was coming from these luscious little purple glass drops with impressionistic blooms of color on them.  They were sitting, inconspicuously waiting to lure me into dropping some dollars in their direction.

What? The beads never speak to you? I see you nodding your head, so don't even try to deny it.

Yes, they came home with me, and we had a lovely play date.  And this is what they told me they wanted to be when they grew up.



Thanks, Nancy, for the clasp, which was left over from the awesome bead soup you sent me!



8 comments:

Kepi said...

Oh, oh, oh they did find a lovely home! Perfecto!

Karin Slaton said...

Oh, the lure of beads - how could anyone be immune? (If there's a vaccine, I don't want it!)

What an alluring mix of hues in those drops, and you chose the perfect Tila beads for your bracelet base. Haven't seen that color, but you've created a slice of heaven with it! Beautiful design!!

KJ said...

Glad the talking beads found a home. Lovely.

Liz said...

Like sounds that dogs hear but humans can't, I'm sure beads resonate a super low or high pitched whisper that only the most perceptive people can hear. Bead voices, well of course. You are blessed to be able to hear these chatterings. Always listen to bead voices!

Unknown said...

Oooh, those drops sure have lots to say! Love how you used them with the squares. I'm hooked right now on that mottled look.

Christine Altmiller said...

Gorgeous! Absoulutely. The bracelet and those chatty beads.

Karen Williams said...

What yummy beads! I'm surprised they didn't get up and dance for you. Guess they didn't have to because you heard their whisper. :)

Looks like they're all comfy-cozy happy now.

AntiquityTravelers said...

what a beautiful design those beads 'grew up' to be