Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Spotting My Work In The Wild

Hi!  Remember me?  I know it's been a dog's age since I last posted....


For the past two weekends, this has been my home, doing two art fairs.  Both fairs went well -- great crowds, good sales, and good weather (none of the predicted rain on the first weekend, and a good 10 degrees cooler each day the second weekend than it was at the same show last year -- seriously, last year you could see people's brains melting as they trudged through the show grounds....).  All but one of the pieces I blogged about in advance of the first show went to new homes -- hooray!

You better believe I was extra cautious as I passed by the Killer Cicada Tree this year. I managed not to drop food on my clothes.  I did perform a spontaneous interpretive dance otherwise known as the "YEOW, I Put My Glasses On Top Of My Head And Now They're Completely Tangled Up There" jig, closely followed by the "Now My Hair Looks Like A Scary Witch" boogaloo.  In terms of my typical show kerfuffles, both weekends were relatively calm.

I did spot a surprising number of people wearing pieces they'd bought from me at previous shows.  What a cool feeling!  It was kind of like spotting your favorite kind of bird perched in a tree outside your window.

Another cool result from the past two weekends was two new galleries interested in carrying my work, a new show that I might do next month, and a connection with a local company that could lead to some really exciting things. I have a few weeks' break before the next round of shows, but with everything else going on, I'll be spending every waking hour in the bead room.  I know, getting up and saying "I HAVE to make some earrings today" is an incredibly fortunate position to be in.  Excuse me while I go do a happy dance!

7 comments:

Christine Altmiller said...

Wow~All good things are happenin'! With the added bonus of having good weather (i remember some storm stories from last year, and wasn't there a strawberry incident?). Congrats on all the events coming your way and on seeing people wearing your jewelry! That is a great feeling, esp if they are not friends you hang out with.

KJ said...

I am really glad to hear the shows went well. I am also glad to hear that it was cooler and your dances were less spectacular than last year.

Seeing jewelry you sold last year is fantastic!

Have fun between shows. I am looking forward to more pictures.

AntiquityTravelers said...

Now I would really like to see that crazy dance of your's! ha! what fun to see people wearing your pieces ... I always love that :) congrats on successful shows! and getting more business to show your work! fantastic!

Alice said...

I'm glad to hear your good news about shops wanting to carry your jewelry! And how fun to see people wearing your creations too!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Bobbie,
Congratulations on the success of your firt two shows of the season. May all the rest go as well or better. Are you doing Kentuck again this year?
Therese

Karin Slaton said...

Happy dancing right along with you, Bobbie! Love the addition of the posters along the back wall of your booth.

Unknown said...

Yay for good news AND good shows! And yes, such a blessing to be able to say "Today is a bead day! I must bead today." :) Me, too!