Monday, September 2, 2013

Long Weekend In The Workroom

Happy Labor Day, everyone!  I hope you've had a chance to relax a bit, doing whatever makes you happy for a while.

My workroom looks a bit like a bead bin exploded, but that's just a sign that I've been having some fun.  I'd show you a picture of the room, but seriously, I don't know how strong your stomach may be, and I don't want to cause anyone unanticipated visual trauma.

So here's something that I hope will be a little less visually jarring:


The agate donut had been sitting in my UFO pile forever, attached to a piece of backing in prep for a bead embroidery class I was going to teach, um, over eight years ago.  Class didn't happen, and so little donut sat there, forgotten and unloved and unembroidered, for a long time.


She's strung simply, on lustrous mother of pearl rounds, with some rich aventurine fan slices as dangles.

What else is working on the table?  I'll be posting those in the next couple of days!

7 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

LOVE this Bobbie! what a great use of graduated beads ... I've got a few on my table and I just push them around. Now you have me thinking! Love what you did with this one

Karin Slaton said...

SO pretty, Bobbie. Love the beaded detail inside the donut and on the bail. Design perfection!

Christine Altmiller said...

gorgeous & creative~it was just hanging out, waiting for its time to come. Now it is shining bright!

Kepi said...

Absolutely lovely, such a great design!

Unknown said...

Love the colors on this, Bobbie! Looks very wintery.

Isn't it fun to FINALLY use UFOs? I have a whole drawerful...

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I am glad that I am not the only one with "UFO's" on my bench! This is so lovely - I especially like how you filled the center of the donut hole - so cool!

CraftyHope said...

Gorgeous!!