Saturday, September 21, 2013

Creative Spark from ZNet Shows


A few months ago, some members of the design team for ZNet Shows were invited to take part in a challenge -- the theme was Rings and Bling.  If the chance to choose components from their wide inventory to work with wasn't enough, everyone's creations were going to be included in an online publication, Creative Spark.

Needless to say, I jumped (in an enthusiastic if not entirely ladylike way) at the chance.  I scrolled through the website making selections, sketching ideas as I went.

The earrings above are just a taste of what I made.  I got to do some beadweaving, some stringing, and even some wirework.  The necklace below may end up being an early Christmas gift from me to me -- you never know!  I've been a good girl, I swear.  Just trying to help Santa out, you know...


Creative Spark was edited by the multi-talented Hope Smitherman, and she did a fabulous job.  I'm thrilled to be included alongside some of my favorite designers.  Go check out the ringy, blingy eye candy everyone made.  I'm on pages 53 - 59 (got a little carried away with all the yummy components!).

5 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh I can see why you'd want to keep that necklace! it is stunning - a real statement piece that would look fabulous for a holiday party!!

CraftyHope said...

You many have gotten carried away, but you definitely made some amazing pieces. I love your incorporation of the beadweaving with your other talents to created some absolutely beautiful items. Way to go! I'm so pleased you were able to be part of this first issue! :)

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Bobbie,
I have read the magazine from cover to cover and your creations, as well as the other's are gorgeous, but then I have never seen anything created by you that isn't gorgeous.
Therese

Christine said...

All of your designs are beautiful and I love your early Christmas gift!!

Karen Williams said...

Bobbie - your necklace is one of my favorite pieces in the whole magazine! You really rocked the design.