The weekend show is over. There have been busier shows, but heaven knows, there have been some that were MUCH slower. (One day, I'll tell the story of the show in Mobile during the approach of a hurricane. Not great for attracting great crowds of shoppers!)
So this weekend was a great opportunity to meet some new customers, promote the next show I'll be doing, and get to know some fellow artists I hadn't had the chance to hang out with before. During a few extra-quiet moments, I managed to finish a little beadweaving project.
And I test drove some new elements in my booth. And tweaked. And documented so that I could obsess, um, reflect on it in the calm of my home.
The main change was new table covers, changed from purple to a sage green. As is painfully obvious, they need a bit more tailoring to fit. (There will be measuring. There will be pinning. There will be sewing. There will be probably also be some swearing and seam ripping involved, but I digress).
I also tested a new way of displaying some of my simpler, strung necklaces on my shoji screens. The basic concept is pretty good. It will be tweaked and revisited. I'm happy to identify some other real estate for necklaces so that I can free up some space on my tables. I feel like the spacing and arrangement of the holders can be improved, but it's a start.
So all in all, a good weekend!