Saturday, March 23, 2013

She Wasn't Lost, She Was Just Hiding

Please excuse the unidentified stuff on the beads to the left.
The Muse apparently forgot to dust.
The other night I was griping because I couldn't get the beads to work.  Instead of the lovely designs I had in my mind, what was coming off the needle was a bunch of truly tragic crap.

My muse wasn't actually gone -- she was just hiding.

After a good self-pity party and a few hours away from the bead tray, things started falling back into place.  So it looks like I may get things finished for the Time To Stitch challenge after all.

Whew!  Do you ever have those moments (days, weeks) when you think the bead muse has gone on permanent strike?  And what do you do to lure her back?

6 comments:

Christine Altmiller said...

i really cannot wait to see the full picture when the time comes. when i need to coax My Muse, i put a little Gram Parsons on the stereo. that ritual has never failed me yet.

Unknown said...

i'm part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

Karen Williams said...

Don't you hate it when your muse decides to go on holiday, but forgets to take you along? I normally try doing something else for a bit. Get up, stretch, do a little straightening, put on new tunes, move my work to a new location, then try again.

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

While I do not weave my beads-I do wire wrap. There are days I can wrap in my sleep - effortless. Then there are days when my wrapping looks like the electrical cords behind my desk...you know the ones-17 cords all massed into one big ball?! I feel your pain!

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

Ah yes, those uninspiring dry spells. Happily, a good night's sleep works wonders, as does plain old staring into space :)

AntiquityTravelers said...

ha! looks like you've been having the same dance with your beads too! glad they 'fell into place' :)