Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Triplets

Finally, finally, finally, I got some time in my bead room over the past couple of days.  It was so good to spend some time reacquainting myself with the things in there.  ("Oh, stash of crystals, I remember your sparkle.  Seed beads, how I've missed you!!")  

Yes, I talk to my beads.  Not worrisome until I report that they've begun to talk back.

Anyway, several projects got worked on, more got started, and a whole bunch are sitting there just waiting for clasps, earwires, or other finishing touches.  I'm particularly excited about one I'm calling The Triplets -- a trio of jasper beads that I'd embroidered a while back, but hadn't made into a finished...whatever.

Frankly, it had been sitting on the UFO (unfiished objects) pile for a long time, as contemplated what kind of beadwoven neckstrap to make for it.  Then today, it struck me that perhaps the Triplets would shine more beautifully if they were surrounded more simply.

Meet "The Triplets"
So here they are, suspended from a simple neckchain of onyx and gold beads.  The clasp is not yet made, so the photo only shows a portion of the piece.

Tomorrow morning brings a visit to the dentist, to get some filling replaced (oh joy, oh rapture...oh, sure).  The afternoon will likely be spent on the sofa, finishing the projects that just lack findings and other completing touches while the novocaine wears off.  (Who knows, maybe the novocaine will make the beads start talking to me!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your sense of humor. It made my day as I'm sick and not much to smile about. The triplets are divine and neck chain perfect. I'm glad those focals made their way out of the UFO pile!

KJ said...

Oh, I like the triplets.

AntiquityTravelers said...

What a gorgeous focal!! Bobby I want to know what special encouragement you give those beads to come up with such inspired designs -ha! We all talk to our beads (at least I'll admit it :)

Alice said...

Bobbie, the triplets are gorgeous!!

I hope your trip to the dentist goes well.

Wishing you all the best in the new year!

Unknown said...

I love the triplets! And what I like best about the neckstrap is that the size is in perfect dimension to the pendant. It's a bit of a pet peeve with me to see a huge embroidered pendant, with a little tiny rope. Best of luck with the dentist, and the finishing touches. I've got plenty of those piled up! :)

Sarah Sequins said...

Bobbie, great job! The triplets are beautiful.

I'm sorry you have to go to the dentist! That's never fun. I hope it goes smoothly for you. *Hugs.*

Kepi said...

Happy New Year Bobbi, the Triplets are gorgeous and you were right simplicity was the best choice, beautiful necklace....ok I too talk to my beads but at least now I know I am not alone.

Christine Altmiller said...

these 3 girls are such beauties! any beads whisper to you after the dentist? i talk to them also. they make themselves heard too!