Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hat Week, Day Two -- Time To Get Fabulous!

It's Day Two of Hat Week.  If you need the background, go here.

One of the hallmarks of Derby hats (and frankly, the part that's the most fun) is that it's an excuse to wear fantastic, flamboyant, flowery and feathery concoctions that you would never DREAM of wearing any other time.

Here's a fascinator I tried on yesterday, in a search for something to wear to a Derby event this week. I loved it on the display, but sadly, it looked like Big Bird's flashy relative had died on my head. But that doesn't mean that I couldn't find a piece of jewelry that I've made that reflects that fascinator's colors, spirit, and elan!




As fun as both of these may be, I would not recommend wearing them together.  I mean, even at Derby, there's a limit. (Snork!)  And to prove my point, here are some understated little numbers women have sported to past Derbies (I continue to be flummoxed as to how they fit these things in the car to get to the track...):




3 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

LMAO Bobbie I can just picture you with that hat on and I said "Yep you are right Big Bird's cousin on your head!" I love the colors in the hat though. I also am digging the cyclone Cellini earrings they are very pretty. My guess would be, they may put those hats in the trunk and put them on when they get to where they are going, but more then likely they wear them in the car, I pity the poor guy that is riding in the car with them.
Therese

Christine Altmiller said...

First, I Love your spirals! Truly inspired by that fabulous hat. Second, if anyone is to fully pull off wearing these hats, they need to smile like the lady in the red hat! She is enjoying it and rocking it!

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh man those are some great hats ... I mean in the way you look at something in wonderment as to how exactly they wear them! I'm with you ... how do they get in the car with those?

Cellini ... oh how I wish I could do that stitch! loving the earrings!