Friday, March 11, 2011

Pay It Forward - Leave A Comment, Get A Goodie!

I'm taking part in a great idea in blog world called Pay It Forward 2011. I read about it on Deci's blog, www.gemtrails.blogspot.com, and now I'm lucky enough to get to continue the fun here. So here's the idea: be one of the first five people to leave a comment on this post, and I'll send you something made by my own busy hands. Fun! Then you share the idea of Pay It Forward on your blog, and promise to send the first five people who make a comment on your post a handmade goodie that you've created. More fun! You don't have to send something the very next day, but to play fair, you do need to send something as soon as you can. It's not the size of the item that's important -- it's that it comes from you and carries a bit of your creative spirit on to five people somewhere across the world. It's the spirit of sharing a good thing by paying it forward. And seriously, who couldn't use a little extra joy and beauty brightening their world? One act of random creativity can have a great ripple effect. I did a happy dance when I found out I had been one of the first five to respond to Deci - come on and join the dance!
So leave a post! I look forward to sharing the fun with you!

4 comments:

4His Glory Creations by CJ said...

Hi Bobbie, I think this is a great idea. I did this on my face book and got very quick responses. And I agree a day on the beach is sweet!
CJ Bauschka

Jennifer Pride said...

Found you via CJ. I love the idea! And that bead show? Any good? It's coming to NC this coming weekend for the first time I think.

Jennifer

Bobbie said...

CJ and Jennifer, it looks like I'll be sending you something from my work table!

Just send me your mailing address, and any preferences you might have (love earrings, pink makes you break out in hives, purple rocks your world, etc...)

Please email your info to beadsong@aol.com. And don't forget to post the Pay It Forward on your blogs and continue the fun!

Thanks, Bobbie

Liz said...

Hi Bobbie,
I was looking through your old posts, opened www.gemtrails.blogspot.com (as I was interested in the "pay it forward" concept), and am thinking something about that link must have changed in the last few years . . . somehow what came up for me just doesn't seem like the kind of thing you would purposefully put on your blog. Ah the blogging world is full of surprises. Did you ever do pay it forward again? Maybe time to resurrect it for 2014? I love the idea.