Friday, April 27, 2012

Catching Up and Catching My Breath

Y'all, it's been crazy here.

Aside from the normal wacky, there have been big heaping doses of super-wacky on almost every front.  Add all of that to the doctor determining that I have mono.  Again.  Actually, for the sixth time -- did you know that could happen?  Yep.

So now I know why I haven't been my normal, sparkly self, firing on all cylinders of activity for about six weeks.  But I have been getting some work done on my One Crayon Color Challenge piece, and  here's a sneak peek of my RED creation.


Tomorrow morning there will be 30,000 people running past my house as part of the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon.  Needless to say, I will be staying inside, using this as a perfect excuse to catch up on both my sleep and my beading!

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

6 comments:

Christine Altmiller said...

mono is nasty~i am so sorry you are going though that. sixth time is crazy! i thought once would do me in. feel better and rest up, Bobbie!

KJ said...

I am shopping- groceries, doing laundry and house cleaning, a bit of cooking, maybe a nap, certainly some reading, and probably a bit of beading.

I hope you are on the mend and firing on all cylinders soon.

Sarah Sequins said...

Sixth time?! Oh, you poor thing! Take it easy, get some rest, and I hope you feel better very soon.

This weekend I'm cleaning and baking cookies for my cookie party on Sunday. I have a ton of dishes to do!

(Also, from one music person to another... yesterday I sang some nice Broadway tunes while I ironed. So much fun!)

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Bobbie,
I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling bad, but it is nice to also know that you are keeping your spirits up and trying to keep on top of the important things, yes I'm talking about your beads LOL!
Looking forward to seeing what you created for the challenge on next Saturday.
Therese

Karen Williams said...

Oh Bobbie, that just seems terribly unfair! I thought mono was one of those 'catch it once and develop an immunity thing!' You manage to sound cheerful, despite everything - do keep taking care of yourself. And hope the people watching was everything it could be. :)

Pretty Things said...

I hope you start feeling better soon!