Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fresh Off the Beading Table

Slowly but surely, new pieces are finding their completed selves coming off the bead table.

This lovely sodalite chunk is not really a cabochon, but it also has no hole, so I couldn't fall back to the default mode and string it.  My wire wrapping skills (beyond the fairly basic) are relatively tragic, so that was out.  Ta da - it had to be in an embroidered piece.

I had these beautiful seed beads, which are palest sky blue lined with fresh spring green -- really a delicious combination, especially at this time of year.  The blue/green combo invited the inclusion of the malachite drop, which was another lovely purchase that had languished whle I figured out what the heck to do with it.  And who can argue with pearls (especially when they fill in the gap caused by the sodalite's irregular sides)?


See?  The pearls are kind of like a proper lady's petticoat, hiding what doesn't need to be seen underneath!  And this picture gives you a better look at the yummy lined seed beads.

I'd love to have a great name for this one, but my brain's on vacation.  Any thoughts?

No comments: