Saturday, February 18, 2017

Bead Hoarder Swap - My Partner and What She Sent!


There's nothing like a beading challenge to kick your creative juices into high gear. And considering that over the past year my creative juices have been tucked way, WAY in the back of my brain, I appreciate all the creative kicks in the pants I can get.

So, when Lori Anderson announced a new bead swap blog party, I was ready to jump in. And this time, we were to give our partner a bead we've hoarded for ourselves. What a terrific idea!

And I was so lucky to be paired with Kathy Lindemer of Bay Moon Design. I've admired Kathy's work as part of the ZNetShows design team, and one of her necklaces was just featured on the Art Bead Scene blog.

Many of Kathy's pieces have an element of nature - flowers or plants or animals. Her work exudes a wonderful serenity that I find really appealing:

Yellow and teal floral earrings



Wanna see what she sent me for the swap?  It's yummy!

Kathy sent a beautiful little box, complete with a card she had made (creative lady!). And under the card was a spectacular ceramic bead by Suburban Girl Studios, complemented by a length of delicious blue silk cording and one of Kathy's handcrafted clasps. The ideas are burbling up already!

The box was so cute, decorated with washi tape, that I almost didn't want to mess it up by opening it.
Almost.

Kathy's handmade card


And the beautiful surprises inside!


Thank you, Kathy! I can't wait to get started!











4 comments:

baymoondesign said...

Bobbie-Thank you for the wonderful feature. I can't wait to see what you create. Have fun and enjoy!

CraftyHope said...

Oh yummy! I know you'll create something fabulous with that awesomeness!

AntiquityTravelers said...

that focal is gorgeous! can't wait to see what you do with it

Ann said...

Very pretty, love the colors.