Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Re-imagining A Project

A while back, I played along in one of the A Time To Stitch challenges, and the theme was to bead a bag. I decided to work up a couple of covers for my key card holder to dress up a work necessity.


I took the picture above in order to have it for the challenge deadline, but did end up beading an edging around the outer edge of the piece afterward.

In theory? Great idea. In practice? Not terribly practical.

So I did something that made me very nervous. I cut a piece apart in order to re-imagine it into something else.

It looks a little wonky here - that's the photographer, not the necklace.
I took the scissors to the sodalite piece and reverse engineered it into a necklace. This one lived in my imagination a long time before I got the nerve up to cut it apart.

I'm pretty pleased with the result, and it's still something I can wear to work. It just won't swipe me into locked areas anymore.



3 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Bobbie,
I thought it was beautiful as a card key holder, but it is even more beautiful as a necklace.
Therese

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh.My.God. that is amazing! and gorgeous and so cool. You totally should be in the UFO group - LOL ... no doubt Karen would let you join late. Do it!

Christine Altmiller said...

I love the reimagined card holder ~ it is a gorgeous necklace and looks like it was always meant to be a necklace. Great courage and great eye for this one!