Saturday, March 28, 2015

Winter Blues - The Reveal!


Liz E of Bead Contagion found some very cool blue goldstone donuts, and like any good friend with a box of goodies, she offered to share. Beads, donuts, blue, sparkly?  Um, yes, please!

These beads, as you might guess from the name of the hop, arrived in the mail in the dead of winter.  And like a clear, dark winter night, they turned out to be a delicious deep blue with the sparkle of a million stars. So pretty.

Recently obsessed with chances to improve my budding soutache skills, I whipped out my soutache, my seed beads, and my dandy new scissors, and decided this was the perfect chance. And boy, howdy, did I have fun with this! I don't usually name my pieces, but I think this one has named itself "Night In The Kasbah"...





You can just glimpse the jump ring that will eventually connect this pendant to a necklace,
but wowza, look at the goldstone sparkle in that donut!!
Liz, thank you for the beautiful blues, and thank you for the chance to create! These beads were a bright spot in the darkest part of a long winter.  And now, to wait for the breeze outdoors to warm up enough to evoke the warmth of the Kasbah...

Now, go see what everyone else made with their sparkly blues!

Liz (host):  Bead Contagion
Christine:  One Kiss Creations Beaded Jewelry 
Jasvanti:  Jewelry by Jasvant 
Cynthia:  Antiquity Travelers    
Bobbie:  Beadsong Jewelry
Therese:  Therese’s Treasures 
Amy:  Amybeads

13 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Bobbie,
Love your pendant you are really getting good with the soutache skills. The colors are bright and beautiful. Don't you just love the sparkle in the blue gold stone?
Therese

JoJo said...

That is some amazing work. I love it! I've seen this technique on pinterest but I didn't know it was called soutache. Beautiful work.

Amy S. said...

STUNNING! This makes me want to try soutache!! Your color way is so pretty in this piece.

Karin Slaton said...

You have Rocked the Kasbah with this one, Bobbie! Winter blues? Banished!

Liz said...

Hi Bobbie,
I know you are a newcomer to soutache, but only because I read your blog. If I ran across Night in the Kasbah on Pinterest I would figure you had been doing it for ages. So lovely! Swirly, sparkly, and STUNNING. I feel like a proud mother with all the gorgeous things people have made from these beads. I think you will have a very long love affair with soutache, and I just hope your wonderful hubby doesn't get jealous.
-Liz

Christine Altmiller said...

You completely ROCKED that Kasbah, Bobbie!!! Holy donuts is that a gorgeous pendant! So many textures and layers and rich, lush colors. I am in awe of your soutache skills ~ you look like you have been doing to forever.

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

WHOA! I'd say you have this technique down pat for sure!!! Love the name - this is quite the stunner!

AntiquityTravelers said...

well this rocks the Kasbah for sure! your soutach skills seem to need no practice at all!! this is stunning and I can just see this warn as a center piece to a gorgeous flowing outfit in the warmth of spring if it ever friken arrives. Truly stunning use of color and flow to this Bobbie - LOVE it

Honey from the Bee said...

Oh my - you are doing a fabulous job with soutache! I've wanted to try it, but don't know where to start. This is a real statement piece.

Birgit said...

This is so unique and I love the purple with the blue stones-this is very beautiful and unique

bead addict said...

Wow! Stunning! Your name for the piece is just perfect too!

KJ said...

Your soutache is coming along well. You integrated the beads beautifully.

Jasvanti said...

Hi Bobbie,
Your pendant is fantastic!!
Your piece is so unique!!
I love the soutache.
Soutache is on the list for the the near future.